Indian Reception Gowns
A reception party is the grand beginning of the new phase of your life with your man by your side. A celebration so magnificent that rarely ever the memories fade from your mind, a wedding reception is the second biggest event in a girl’s life. Surrounded by her new family, sitting beside her soulmate, she smiles, poses and tries her best to keep up with the flurry of congratulatory messages that keep pouring in from all the guests, extended families and relatives.
A newly-wed bride looks resplendently beautiful. The aura around her, the glow on her face, her laughter brimming with happiness is simply unmatchable. At her reception party, a bride tries to look her best, as it is more like an official announcement that she has been taken by her prince charming. With her hair done perfectly, doing the right makeup and adorning a dress that makes her look no less than a princess, a bride makes her grand entry on her reception function.
Just like a girl researches a lot about her dreamy wedding lehenga, similarly, she invests a lot of time in her reception gown as well. She is the centre of attraction in the entire party and wants to be at the top of her fashion game on this day. Hence the bride chooses her reception outfit with utmost precision and perfection. While there are oodles of options available for a bride, such as sarees, sharara-garara, indo-western co-ord sets, etc., reception gowns are in vogue currently. The level of comfort a woman feels while adorning a reception gown, coupled with the elegant look, is what every newly-wed girl wants to accomplish.
• Ball gown for the reception: For every bride who wants her reception party to be a fairy tale moment, a ball gown dress is the perfect attire. One of the classiest reception dress, a ball gown offers an instant Cinderella effect to your overall appearance.
A ball gown often comprises a fitted bodice and a corset and a wide, fuller-looking skirt. The fluffy look is accomplished intelligently by putting into use crinolines or layers of tulle.
The skirt glides well over and completely cover the lower torso, and hence a ball gown is the perfect option for any bride who wishes to highlight her bust region or create an illusion of fuller hips.
For a regal look, a ball gown can be paired with strings of pearls and fresh flowers in hair.
• Mermaid gown: One of the most flirtatious silhouettes, a mermaid reception gown is well-fitted and hugs closely throughout the waist, bust and hips. It is perfect for those brides who are slim or have an hour-glass body. This attention-grabbing gown flares out near the knees. Brides love to pair it with ruffled-skirts, tulle or ruching. It offers a perfect red-carpet look to any bride.
• Trumpet gown: A trumpet gown may look completely similar to a mermaid gown, yet there are certain subtle differences. The trumpet gown won’t be too tightly fitted near the hips. It creates a dramatic look and, at the same time, offers the much-needed freedom to the bride to move around comfortably. This silhouette aptly accentuates the curves of the bride. Pairing up these gowns with a polkis or Kundan can definitely soar up the temperature.
• Fit and flare reception gown: This is the perfect choice of reception gown for any bride who wants to flaunt her figure but without committing to a highly dramatic mermaid or trumpet silhouettes. A fit-and-flare gown is the toned-down version of the earlier two types. However, it still embraces the body through the waist and bust. While the thighs, hips and bottom are not that much restrained. Since the skirt flared out somewhere near the mid-thigh, a bride can easily sit, walk or dance wearing this type of gown. Such gowns are suitable for brides with different body types. Hence, fit and flare reception gowns are one of the most popular choices among newly-wed brides.
A fit and flare reception gown look the best when paired with a deep V or sweetheart neckline.
• A-line gown: One of the classic reception gown styles, A-line gowns are quite popular nowadays. It does not cling to the body too much and yet offers a shapely look to the bride. The gown, as its name suggests, create an “A” shape on the body. This gown flares outright from the waist area. It looks flatteringly well on ideally all body types. A-line reception gowns come in different fabrics and style such as organza, tulle, lace or even structured fabrics like Mikado silk.
• Long trail gown: This is the latest trend where 2021 brides can be seen adorning ethnic gowns with long trails. A long trail gown instantly creates an illusion of royalty. The regal look it offers to the bride, and the way it enhances the element of elegance, and sophistication, are the major reasons why more and more brides are opting for long trail reception gowns.
Go for a hue that complements your skin tone. Also, keep the theme of the reception party in mind. And never underestimate the role of lighting in the venue, which can either make or break the deal. Gold, wine, red, purple, royal blue etc., are quite in vogue this year.
If your reception party is going to be organized in the summer season, then go for lighter fabrics like chambray or chiffon. For winter festivities, you can opt for heavy fabrics like velvets, silks etc. After all, you do not want to shiver in winter eves or melt your make up on a summer celebration. Hence choose the fabric keeping in mind the season/weather.
Do you want that designer reception gown badly? Is that price tag not allowing you to do so? You can let us know your expectations and share your vision. Simply share the picture, and our prolific designers will bring out the same finesse and elegance in our customized Indian reception gown.